From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the amplitude on the CLK OUT coming from NI PXI-6652?

Solved!
Go to solution

In the NI PXI-6652 specification document it clearly says under CLK OUT characteristics that "Amplitude, Software Configurable". But I couldn't figure out where can I do that? I am having CLkOUT as 1Vp-p. I want to program to 2.5 Vp-p.

Ashok

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Solanki

Hi Solanki-

The CLKOUT signal's amplitude is software-selectable between two levels.  Under a 50 Ohm load, you can change the amplitude from 1 V p-p to 2.5 V p-p by using an niSync property node.  This can be found in LabVIEW under the NI-SYNC palette.  Place the property node down and click on the word "Property".  Select Clk Properties»Clk Out Gain Enable.  Then right-click on the property node and select "Change All to Write."  Then right-click on the input to the property and select Create»Constant.  Change the constant to True and your CLKOUT will now be high.

I hope this helps.  Best of luck with your application!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,077 Views)

Hi Gary,
   Thankyou very much that works. I had that CLK out enable gain in my VI but in order to see the Amplitude change, before running the VI I need to Set the value True and than run the VI.

Regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,072 Views)