Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate 1KHz Tone using NI PXI-5422

Hi,

I am new to this NI-FGEN. I would like to generate a 1 KHz tone with Carrier Freq of 530 KHz (80% Modulation). I am trying hear the 1KHz tone on the radio when tune to AM 530 station. If anybody got any simple example please let me know..

I am using NI PXI-5422 Arbitary WaveForm Generator and Modulation Tool kit

thanks

//Suresh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,981 Views)
Suresh,

There are examples that ship with Modulation Toolkit for FGEN (I am using the latest versions of FGEN and Modulation Toolkit, so your findings may not be exactly the same as mine). Go to Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>Modulation>>LabVIEW Support>>Modulation Examples Folder. You should now see a folder called FGEN examples. In there you will find a VI called "MT nifgen AM Signal Generate.vi". This example is very straightforward and has front panel controls to specify your modulated and carrier frequency.

This example will let you test the generation with sine waves, square waves, etc. If you are wanting to generate the data from file, there are plenty of examples that ship with the NI-FGEN driver that will show you how this can be accomplished. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Jeremy R.
NI - Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,970 Views)
Jeremy,

Somw how I couldn't locate the specific example VI. Please send it to me if you can..

thanks

I am going to try to re-install the toolkit...

//Suresh
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,966 Views)
Here is the example program that I was referring to.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,960 Views)