Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC offset for PXIe-5450

Hi,

I am trying to generate an IQ signal to test a modulator board. This board requires a common mode 1.7V for each input terminal(I+,I-,Q+,Q-). I have been trying to search for ways to send out an arbitrary signal at this voltage but have met with some problems which i hope you can help.

Firstly, i noticed that the specifications for the PXIe-5450 states that it can reach a maximum of 2Vpp for the output terminals. It also stated that its maximum output overload is 8V. Hence i am wondering if there is any way where i could configure the signal generator to send a signal at a common mode 1.7V with a signal span of approximately 1V (my modulator board should also be able to work at 0.6V).

I am also facing problems sending in the IQ data values as i am only able to send in the 'I' values via the "niFgen Create Waveform (poly)" VI. i hope to be able to send both the I and Q values in simultaneously. As i am relatively new to LV, i would really appreciate if you could guide me on alternative methods of achieving this. I do not posses a waveform editor and hence can only rely on the values from a spreadsheet or other similar sources.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Cheers,

Shao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,335 Views)