Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom analog signal Generation

Hi Ashwin,

According to the error message you posted earlier, it actually looks more like the problem is with the analog output, rather than analog input. I have been able to successfully run your VI with my NI DAQ device, so I don't think you'll have a problem with that. One thing you can try is using Highlight Execution and breakpoints to find more about why the error is happening. Here is a document that talks about some debugging techniques to help you narrow down your issue. I would suggest that you try double checking to make sure that the analog output is functioning as it should be.

Regards,

Daniel H.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(3,347 Views)

Hi Daniel,

You are right. 

I had a chance to check the Vi with myDAQ and it works perfectly fine...The problem is with the Analog Output ULx version of the code. I am touch with the Measurement Computing technical staff to sort it out

Thanks

Ashwin

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(3,341 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I tried adding another Analog Input (AI) channel to my existing VI similar to the one I had added earlier.

It either shows up this error below or it doesnt record data for one Analog Input channel in NI myDAQ

Error -50103 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:1
Possible reason(s):
NI Platform Services:  The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified.
Task Name: _unnamedTask<11>
If I had to duplicate another set of Analog Output (AO) and AI channels (developed in the earlier working VI), then should I excecute the duplicated set as a seperate VI or can one include all of them under one single VI using multiple DAQmx start, read/write, clear commands?.
i.e Cant we use more than "ONE" DAQmx start, read VI's in a single program?. I just need a clarification on this
I have an attachment with a duplication of one AI channel to the earlier VI.
As discussed earlier, the program runs fine with one AI & AO channels on NI myDAQ.
Thanks
Ashwin
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(3,329 Views)

Hi Ashwin,

You can not have two separate AI tasks running at the same time, but you can definitely acquire from two channels at the same time. There are two options:

1) Where you select the physical channel for the AI Virtual Channel, select "Browse," then Ctrl+click on all the channels you want. This will allow you to do AI from both physical channels in the same Virtual Channel.

2) Have two "Create Virtual Channel" VIs in series, with the same task wired into them (see the image below). This will generate two AI virtual channels in the same task, and will allow you to do AI from both physical channels. 

two ai same task block diagram.png

For both of these, you will need to make sure that your DAQmx Read is set up for N channels and N samples.

Regards,

Daniel H.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(3,318 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Got it!

Thanks

Ashwin

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(3,314 Views)