Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Sound in Precise Time

I want to generate sound in precise time. The sound should be played after 100 ms of running the VI and the duration of playing sound should be 50 ms. I tried to use sound card to play the sound but the problem is that the playing time is vary between 60 to 80 ms instead of 50 ms. I used an indicator to find out the number of iterations for the while loop and it shows 5, so the I cannot expect less than 10 ms resolution for my VI. I searched for that and I found out this is related to how many percent of your resources are in use.

I should mention that I prefer to play a .wav file instead of generating sound using basic wave generator.

Is there any alternative solution to generate that sound in precise time using daq instead of sound card?

DAQ: NI-6052e

sound card: digital audio spdif 2-high definition audio device

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,463 Views)

If you configured the DAQ to output voltage in precise time and then hooked it up to a speaker, you could generate sound using the DAQ device. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,427 Views)

Thank you for your response.

Would you please help me to produce a sound using DAQ card or show some similar examples? I tried to generate wave voltage but it does not work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,421 Views)