Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration Executive error during PXI-5610 sequence.

When running the PXI-5610 procedure in Calibration Executive, I get the prompt "NI-FGEN Create Arbitrary Waveform - Cannot write Real data when Data Processing Mode is Complex. Disable OSP or set Data Processing Mode to Real."  The procedure the errors out with the same message when I click 'Continue'.  I am using the NI PXI-5441 AWG (in place of the NI PXI-5421), but it is a selectable source during the initial configuration of the sequence.

Am I missing something?  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a hiccup in the Calibration Executive software when PXI-5441 is selected?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(9,486 Views)

Hi DaRock,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It may be possible that the calibration was designed with the 5421 in mind and since this module does not have OSP, we may be getting this error message. We are currently in contact with R&D regarding this issue and I will post back on this thread shortly.

Regards,

S_Hong
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(9,458 Views)

Thank you for looking into this S_Hong.  I am currently using Calibration Executive version 3.3.  I have the upgrade to version 3.3.1, but haven't installed it yet.  If you need any other info about my setup, please let me know and I'll get it to you ASAP.

DaRock

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(9,444 Views)

Hi DaRock,

We believe that this may be a bug and are still working on determining the cause of this issue. We will get back to you as soon as we have something back from R&D. In the meantime, could you also provide us with the exact versions of the NI-RFSG and NI-FGEN drivers you are using? You can verify this by going into Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) and expanding the software tree.

Regards,

S_Hong
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(9,426 Views)

S_Hong

The NI-FGEN version is 2.5.2 and the NI-RFSG version is 1.3.2.  Please let me know if there is any other info you require.

DaRock

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(9,410 Views)

Hi DaRock,

We are still looking into this issue and it seems that this problem only occurs with some of our customers. We are still in the process of trying to narrow down the source of the problem and find a potential workaround. In the meantime, if you have PXI-5421, we recommend you use this hardware to calibrate the PXI-5610.

Regards,

S_Hong
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(9,379 Views)

S_Hong

Unfortunately, we do not have the PXI-5421, we are using the PXI-5671 RFSG setup.

Is this an issue of having to re-write the entire (phase-adjust) sequence in Calibration Executive?  Is it possible just to initialize the module in 'Real' mode, or disable the OSP, when selecting the PXI-5441 during the configuration?  Would the phase-adjust sequence be benifitted using the seperate I-Q capabilities of the PXI-5441?

Just ganders at the situation.

DaRock

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(9,354 Views)

Hi DaRock,

We do not recommend making any changes to any of the test code for calibration as these may cause problems in your test sequence. We are still currently looking into the issue, however, in the meantime, if you would like to try and experiment some changes in the test code, please make sure to backup any original versions of the files you edit so you can load them back in they cause any problems.

Just for your information, in a standard NI-FGEN application, you can manually disable OSP by accessing the OSP Enabled property from the NI-Fgen property node under Arbitrary Waveform Output»Onboard Signal Processing.

Regards,

S_Hong
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(9,325 Views)

S_Hong,

I have just been informed of the Calibration Executive update to version 3.3.2 and have a few questions.

Do I need the NI-RFSG upgrade to avoid the PXI-5441 bug referenced at the start of this post?

Are any of the other driver upgrades required to run the PXI-5610 calibration sequence successfully?

I have already downloaded, but not installed the NI-DAQmx 8.9, NI-Scope 3.5.1 and NI-RFSG 1.5.0.  However, the NI-RFSA 2.2.0 is not available for download.  Is there a way I can get this upgrade?

Any information you can provide with these details is greatly appreciated.

DaRock

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(8,768 Views)

Hello DaRock,

The new version of Calibration Executive 3.3.2 should fix the above mentioned problem.   This version of calibration executive does require that you upgrade to NI-RFSA 2.2.0.   The RFSA 2.2.0 driver should be available on the web shortly.  It was taken down from the website briefly while it is being updated.

Regards,

Paul C.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(8,755 Views)