From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO squarewave with 1 microsecond pulse width

Im trying to create a squarewave with a pulse width of 1 microsecond and a period of 2 microseconds (50% duty cycle). So far I have been trying to use what code i can get off the NI site to help me with this, but so far no luck. I have a PXI-6025E running off the PXI-8176 controller. Can anyone point me in teh right direction? Or possibly if theres a VI I skipped over that might have the answer.

Thanks,
-Mark
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,337 Views)
sorry, posted twice by mistake
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,336 Views)
Hi Mark,

The analog output update rate on the 6025E is not fast enough to produce a 500kHz square wave. The update rate is 10kHz.

However, you should use a counter to output the 500kHz square wave. The counter can output up to a 10MHz square wave. There are several shipping examples that you can use to generate the square wave:
LabVIEW 6.1: Generate Pulse Train (DAQ-STC).vi
LabVIEW 7.0 (DAQmx): Gen Dig Pulse Train-Continuous.vi

Essentially, any pulse train generation example using the DAQ-STC counter/timer chipset (used on all E Series data acquisition cards). Hope that helps.

Ron
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,337 Views)