From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using SCXI 1102 with accelerometers

Dear All

My Question is , can i Use the SCXI 1102 + 1331 Isothermal Terminal block , to make vibration analysis using accelerometers with the following frequency Response:

+-2g - DC to 250Hz ?

will i get accurate results , knowing that i'm measuring small vibrations in a building (mainly wind effect on the building)  

Datasheets are attached for further details

Eng. Mohammed Ashraf
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
InnoVision Systems Founder, RF Test Development Engineer
www.ivsystems-eg.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,951 Views)

Hello Mohammed,

What DAQ device are you connecting your SCXI card through?  Also, how many mV per g are your accelerometers spec'd for?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,938 Views)
its a PCI 6220 card , 16 bit resolution
Eng. Mohammed Ashraf
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
InnoVision Systems Founder, RF Test Development Engineer
www.ivsystems-eg.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,912 Views)

Hello Mohammed,

The PCI-6220 is a fine card to use, but you will not be able to use the SCXI-1102 with it.  The main reason being that the 1102 module has a tremendous amount of filtering, including a 2Hz low-pass filter, so any signal above this rate will not be read.  Your best bet would be to obtain a terminal block, such as an SCB-68, with the PCI-6220 in order to take your measurements.  The other thing you should be conscious about is the V/g rating of your accelerometer.  Most accelerometers operate in the mV/g range, and the PCI-6220 has a minimum input range of +/-200mV, so you should be able to obtain a good resolution as long as your accelerometer output is in a decent range.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,899 Views)