Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to get data on scxi 1121 module

I've got a 1305 terminal block connected to my scxi 1121 module in a chassis. The chassis is then connected to a DAQ board in my computer. Right now, we're just trying to test the module and we're utilizing a waveform generator to try to view it on our LabView software, but we continually get noise. The 1140 module seems to be able to send the signals, but for some reason the 1121 is failing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,030 Views)
Hello;

The best way to go about that is to try narrowing down the problem. Instead of using Labview to test the module out, use the Measurement and Automation Explorer test panel to do that. Once you are inside Test Panel, you can test your module by typing in the String: ob0! sc1! mdy! x; where y is the module number and x is the channel number on that module.

Try that with a battery hooked up to any channel. If that still doesn't work, cross check the module jumpers with the Users Manual, to see if they are on the correct positions; and then try MAX again. IF that still doesn't work, try different slots of your SCXI chassis.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,030 Views)