Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transceiver signal recognition

Hi,

I hope this is the right forum for this question.  You are all so smart anyways I am sure somebody will have an answer for me, or be able to send me off in the right direction.  Basically I am trying to communicate wirelessly with between a mechanical device with sensors and my PC.  I really like the AVR Raven concept of a tranceiver and microproccesor board that communicates with a USB stick plugged into the computer.  But is this the best way for my computer to receive the signal?  I am not going to use the Raven, but I am going to try and build something similar, and I want to use LabVIEW for signal processing.

The question that got me typing here is how does the receiver connected to the PC recognize the signal transmitted by the remote device?  How do they know each other?

Thanks all,

mechedd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,699 Views)
It all depends on what kind of remote device it is.  Some allow you to treat the USB connection as a serial or GPIB port and some allow you to just treat it as a DAQ device.  Then you would just use the appropriate drivers in LabVIEW.  If it does not do that then you need to find some protocal that allows you to communicate with and see the card, and then either right your own driver or find one.  Good luck and let us know how this works out.
Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,675 Views)