From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scxi 1001

Hi.....

My system consist of SCXI 1001 chassis,SXCI 1321 modules,SXCI 1321 terminal blocks as well as NI6052E card.

My problem is to configure the SCXI 1001.

In MAX,when i am going to "creat new" in Devices and Interfaces , it shows my SCXI 1001(But it also shows some other SCXIs and PXIs).When i am right trying to configure it , i am unable to do it.

I checked the drivers also but the systems says that the drivers are ok up to the date.

Actuelly, i want to measure the temprature in Labview.For testing purpose , i have attached the load cell but the attached channel doesn't show anywhere in the system.Actuelly system doen't ask me also to configure all these details.

I am a new usuer so guide me in that way.

Please give me the response soon because i am lacking of the time.

Please ask me other essential informations so i can provide you immidiately.

Bhavik.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,365 Views)

Hi Bhavik,

Can you be more specific about what is not working with your SCXI system? Are you able to auto-detect your modules? Is there already a chassis configured the uses the 6052E card as the communicator? A good way to narrow down the problem will be to remove any SCXI chassis’s configured under Devices and Interfaces. Then follow the instructions in the SCXI Quick Start Guide to get your system up and running. If you have trouble with any step in these instructions please let me know what went wrong and I can help you debug further. Please let me know if you have any questions and take care.

Thanks,

Nathan
NI Chief Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,346 Views)

Hi Nathan,

All acessories like modules,terminal blocks,data card,computer seems cabled well with SCXI 1001.

The problem is that i am not able to configure the chassis and modules because in "Creat New SCXI Chassis" window,it doesn't show anything in chassis communicator box.In that box nothing showing as default or in pull down menu.

Now guide me what should i do next???

Waiting for your reply.

Bhavik.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,332 Views)
Hi Bhavik,

The first thing to do is make sure the 6052E is installed correctly. Make sure it is listed under Devices and Interfaces >> NI-DAQmx Devices in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and that it passes a self test. If the 6052E is present and working make sure that you do not have any SCXI chassis’s configured under NI-DAQmx devices that use the 6052E as the communicator already. If it is already set as the communicator of a SCXI chassis it will not be available to select when configuring a new chassis. If there is already a SCXI chassis using the 6052E you can remove this chassis by right clicking on it and selecting Delete. Once this is done the 6052E should show up in the chassis communicator drop down menu when creating a new chassis. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nathan
NI Chief Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,313 Views)