Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading wrong voltage scc-68

I am using LabView Signal Express that came with my SCC-68.  I have several voltage sensors connected:

RSE at Ai1    A+=Pin33, A-=Pin 67

RSE at Ai2    A+=Pin65, A-=Pin 32

Diff at Ai3     A+=Pin30, A-=Pin 63

Diff at Ai4     A+=Pin28, A-=Pin 61

RSE at Ai5    A+=Pin60, A-=Pin 27

My problem is the Ai3 signal.  I am trying to read a mV representation of the current of a motor.  I hooked up a Fluke clamp current meter which outputs 1mV per 1 Amp sensed.  I have another multimeter connected directly to the same points where the signal is connected to the SCC-68.  On the meter I read 0 mV and when I increase motor current up to 11 Amps ... I read ~11mV.  HOWEVER, I read around 15mV on the Ai3 input the entire time.  All other inputs are working fine.  I even tried to move this input to another input (Ai6) but got the same results. 

The only thing I can think of is that all the other inputs are referenced in some way to one power supply where the current one runs off it's own battery.  However I tried to tie the return side to the same ground to make it a common reference but it didn't fix the problem.   I also experimented with changing it to a RSE and so forth.

Any ideas?  I am truly new to this because we just got this equipment.

So to review:

- getting incorrect reading from 1 of 5 signals

- reading voltage directly at connection to SCC-68 with a multimeter and not reading the same as the SCC-68 is

- that one is a meter that runs off it's own 9v battery

- all others run off a common 5v power supply

HELP please!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,796 Views)

Can you provide a schematic of your application? Like you mentioned it sounds like a signal reference issue.

Regards,

Glenn

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,780 Views)