From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading cjc voltage with cfp-TC-120

Dear All,

I am using a concerting_thermocouple.vi to get the reading from a remote system cFP-TC-120. One input is CJC Voltage, but the build I am using only have a channel with CJC Temperature reading. How should I convert the data or is there any other VI that is suitable for this purpose? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,931 Views)

Hi 4lichking,

Could you clarify exactly what you are trying to convert? So are you just trying to read the temperature that the internal CJC reads? Or do you have thermocouples connected to the device and are wondering how to convert the TC voltage to temperature using the internal CJC reference?

Chris G

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,921 Views)

Hi Chris,

I am using a subVI in my program which reads CJC Voltage1.PNG,

but the data read from the CFP is already converted into temperature units.2.PNG

I am wondering if there is any way to convert the reading in Kelvin into Voltage.Thank you!

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,909 Views)

Have you tried reading temperature values directly from the TC-120? You can do this by right-clicking the module, selecting Properties, and changing the range for the channels to "0 to 48 Kelvin"

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,900 Views)

Hi Zack,

Thanks for your advise. Actuall I can't find the Properties option in MAX. Probably because I am using a remote system and it is a littile different from a regular one. Could you send me a screen capture to show where I can find it? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,895 Views)

Sorry, you need to add the controller and module to a project and LabVIEW to change these settings. To add the FieldPoint controlller to a project, you can follow the steps in this KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B2C128E8D364D92C86257241006D7C77?OpenDocument

To add modules to the FP target, you may need to right-click on the target and click New>>Targets and Devices. You then follow a similar procedure for adding the TC-120. After doing this, you can right-click on the TC-120 and go to Properties. You will see a window like the one below:

prop.png

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,884 Views)