Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable data acquisition system

I have configured a solution comprising 128 channels. There are 80 channels for strain, 32 channels for thermocouple and 16 chanels for vibration measurement. I have selected scxi-1122, scxi1102, scxi1531 and a daqcard pci 6052. I am housing all these modules in one 12 slot scxi-1001 chassis.Will it work properly ?.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,606 Views)
Akbar...one consideration that you need to keep in mind is the sampling rate of your application. With the PCI-6052E going through an scxi chassis, the maximum sampling rate you can get is 100kS/s (since it's a 16-bit board). The modules that you have selected sound like they would work, but I would recommend calling in and speaking to the technical representative for your area so that we might be certain that you are getting the correct hardware and software. The number to reach us is (800) 433-3488.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,606 Views)
Matt,

Is that true? In looking at the NI catalog, a PCI-6052E card is a 16-bit, 333 kS/s card. Therefore, since the maximum multiplexing speed of the SCXI is also 333 kS/s, the max sampling rate should be 333 kS/s for one channel, I thought.

Since the A/D conversion is on the PCI card, I would assume that it being a 12-bit or 16-bit card doesn't matter. It's the speed of the card that does.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,606 Views)
Hello;

That will pretty much depend upon the sample rate the vibration tasks needs. Usually, vibration analisys tend to require a reasonably high sampling rate, and as you are using a SCXI system with 128 channels, the scan rate per channel will be 333k (the maximum speed that the SCXI multiplexer can achieve) divided by the number of channels (128, in your case).
If that per channel Scan rate is ok with your application, you shouldn't have any problems.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,606 Views)