From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performing arithemetic operations on output of fft

hey guys i am new to lab view i have recently performed fft on a signal which is a convolution or combination of two signals 100hz and 50hz now i want to find the ratio of their magnitude dynamically????

plzz help it urgent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,476 Views)

You will get better answers if you ask a more specific question.

What have you tried?  What did not work? 

The output of the FFT is an array of complex numeric datatype.  Some of the arithmetic operators can be connected directly to arrays or elements of complex.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,472 Views)

Hey thanks johnsold.I have a project to perform transient analysis on transformer to differentiate between a transient and fault the common known method is harmonic restrain in which we take a  ratio of magnitude of fundamental frequency with second harmonic I am trying to take that ratio per cycle and save it in an array...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,469 Views)

the file is attached below.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,468 Views)

If you want to see the magnitudes of your spectrum. See the following picture. In the picture fo represents starting frequency and df represents the frequency resolution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,441 Views)