Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent fault in wires

Is there is any equipment of NI can help to detect intermittent fault in wires?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,251 Views)

Is there is any equipment of NI can help to detect intermittent fault in wires

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,217 Views)

If you just want to test a cable, a simple DIO can do the job.  Depending on the card, you can apply 3.3V or 5V on one side and have a pull down resistor (like 1kOhm) and the digital input on the other.  As long as you read a high, the cable is still good.

Now if you want to test a specific signal, that could be more difficult and we need A LOT more information.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,242 Views)

Thanks for the answer, yet i want to detect intermittent fault in a specific wire using TDR (time domain reflectometry).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,222 Views)

You replied into a 13 year old thread with a question that doesn't relate to the message thread you posted into.

Does it even relate to an FP-AI-110?  Does it relate to any Fieldpoint device?

Please provide details with your message.  I would normally say post a new message thread, but I will move this into its own for you.

EDIT:  I see you created a new message thread in the signal conditioning board which would be the more appropriate place to post.  I'm going to merge your message into that thread.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,196 Views)

Ncompass-Voyager portable testers are purpose built for intermittent fault detection (IFD) and have been used successfully on numerous wiring testing projects.  These testers include an integral NI DMM, and IFD technology from Universal Synaptics.  They also meet category 1 of the IFD performance spec of the USDOD (MIL-PRF-32516).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,114 Views)