Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to amplify the input signal using LabVIEW 8.6?

First, if you never have designed any electronics yourelf, a differential (instrumentation) amplfifier is not a project for beginners. You should have at least some basic knowledge about operational amplifiers and their application.

Second, there are off-the-shelf devices which will probably fit your application, like this one:

http://labjack.com/catalog/ei1040-dual-instrumentation-amplifier

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/Instrumentation-Amplifier-targets-DAQ-applications-562207

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(3,495 Views)

Yes, I think that would be the best,
I don't quite know how much I would have to amplify it yet.
Do you know of an amplifier with a knob that allows you to change the gain?

Message 12 of 15
(3,489 Views)

The gain of the  device mentioned in the first link can be set via wire jumpers but there are only three steps available.

The device of the second link is USB controlled and the gain can be set up to 1000x (probably from 1x onwards) via the driver software.

With bridge type sensors usually the output voltage is proportional to the excitation voltage (mV/V) for full range output. Of course you have to find out yourself under which conditions (mechanical load, travel, other physical conditons) you may get the full output range.

Message 13 of 15
(3,482 Views)

Hello All,

Greetings for the day.

I need help on NI-STS. I am from RF background and I am new to this domain.

Can anyone help me what exactly is this internal block diagram of 5530 and its modules.

One task i recieved  is the RF signal recieved from 5530 need to come through amplifier that is the output signal of 5530 should be an amplified signal.

I need to control it from code.

Kindly help me in understanding these topics.

Thanks and regards

Navya Manjunath

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(936 Views)

Better to create a new post with a meaningfull title

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(932 Views)