From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filter 60 hz noise

Hi Everyone,

Recently i bought the following parts to measure strain from a wheatstone bridge.

1. cDAQ-9171, CompactDAQ Chassis (1 slot USB)

2. NI 9237 w/ DSUB, 4 Ch , 50 ks/s per Ch, Analog Input module

3. Ni 9923 Front-mount terminal block for 37 pin D sub Modules

For a startup , i wanted to check if i can measure DC voltage with the following modules. I called NI support and asked them if i can measure voltage with my current configuration. They said yes. So i went to NIDAQ max and chose create a task option. Then Measure Input Signals> Voltage. But i could not see any of the channel listed and it was saying device not supported. 

So i switched to another option Measure Input Signals> Strain Measurement. There my four channels were listed. Since from wheatstone bridge we would be measure voltage for the difference in strain.  So i wanted to check DC voltage through my voltage supply with this option. But when i try to do measure voltage . I could see a lot of noise especially 60 hz noise i guess.  Can anyone suggest me what i can do to filter my 60 hz noise so as to get my signal ?  Also whether what i am doing (measuring voltage from Voltage Suppy is possible with my current configuration ) ?

Any suggestions or help will be highly appreciated.

I have uploaded my graph as well as vi .  The voltage i was measuring was currently 19.8 mv.

Thank you so much.

-Sachet

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,641 Views)
use FFT to find the noise and use frequency cutoff by Butterworth Filter VI
for eliminate them
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,620 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Well i used the fft to check the frequency of the noise. But while doing fft i came across this problem. Well i am getting frequency response only in imaginary plot. But in real plot its just one peak. Can you tell me whether i am in the right track or wrong?

I have attached my vi herewith this , Could you please help me by checking by subvi? Thanks alot.

Also in this subvi what i am trying to do is store data in excel file.

THanks alot.

Sachet

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,567 Views)
I am with my phone
but just see this link and tell me if it is help too you or not
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4844/en/
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,562 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the useful link. I have gone through those. Could you please check my vi please when u get time?

Thanks

Sachet

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,561 Views)

Hi, 

Sorry it doesnt help me to get the reason that i am not getting real plot of fft. Can you please help?

Thanks .

Sachet

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,533 Views)