From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq assistant data output min and max values

Message Edited by Andrew A on 08-31-2006 04:08 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,675 Views)

Hi Andrew A,

Did you have a question on this? Just based on the title, I can tell you that the min and max values in the DAQ Assistant can't be set beyond the range of the card (usually +/-10V). The values will also be used to set the gain if the card supports it.

Hope this helps,

Andrew S.

National Instruments  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,652 Views)

I would like to know if there is a way to change the daq assistant minimum temperature to work below the minimum?  If not, how can I read temperatures from type E thermocouples using the 1300 with the scxi 1100 and a 1000 chassi?  I attempted to use my own thermocouple voltage to temp curve fit but I am not sure if I understand exactly what is going on inside  the Daq in regards to the intigrated-circuit temp sensor and the CJR temp because my results do not agree.  I used the standard curve fit found for all Type E thermocouples that goes down to aproximately 4 Kelvin.  With all my (-) terminals grounded to the chassi ground, I would expect that the voltage should be proportional to the Tmeasure-Tref, but this is not the case when the temp I am attempting to measure is lowered.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,319 Views)