Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cascade scxi 1142 with scxi 1140

I would like to cascade an SCXI 1142 with an SCXI 1140. I've come across a knoeledge base article indicating I can only do this with an SCXI 1140 Rev F or later.

I have two SCXI 1140's but with a REV: 1_ on a label on the exterior of the module. I looked for a revision number on the circuit board as per the user manual but there is none.

These SCXI 1140 modules would have been purchased quite a number of years ago.

I would like to know if I can cascade SCXI 1142's with my version of SCXI 1140's?

If the answer is no, what are my options for filtering?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,236 Views)

Hi Brian,

I'm assuming this is the KB you are talking about.

Interesting that you can't find the revision or part information on the 1140 board itself. Another way to check to see if the module can be cascaded is to see if there is a 16 pin connector on the board inside the module. The SCXI-1352 Installation Guide and Tutorial: Cascading SCXI Modules have more information in terms of where the internal 16 pin connector is located and what it might look like. If the connector is on the board then you will be able to cascade the module with the 1142 using the SCXI-1352 cable kit.

If you do not have the later revision of the 1140 with this internal connector I'm not sure what other options you have. Really, probably the easiest thing to do is to get the newer revision of the 1140 that allows cascading. Do you need the signals to be simultaneously sampled using the T/H module? If not, you can just use the 1142 module for filtering, but you will have channel to channel skew.

Hopefully this helps,

Chris G

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,228 Views)