From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep getting invalid readings on my SCXI-1121 w/ SCXI-1327?

I am monitoring the voltage output of a 48V DC power supply using an SCXI-1121 with SCXI-1327 attenuator.  My SCXI chassis is configured in parallel mode, communicating through the backplane to a PXI-6040e.  I have the hardware and software settings for all gains set to 1 and the attenuation switches / software set to 100. 

When I view ai0 in the test panel in MAX, it is always at -5V (or whatever the bottom-end of the allowed range setting I have specified - even -300V) regardless of the power supply being on or off. 

I checked the voltage directly at the screw terminals of the SCXI-1327 with a multimeter and it reads at 48V.  Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? 

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thank you,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,127 Views)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for posting on the discussion forums.There's another thread that talks about a similar problem. PLease check it out at the following link.

Best Regards,

Faris A

Bueller
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,104 Views)

Bueller,

Thank you for the response.  It wasn't the same problem as in the other posting, but was rather a misunderstanding on my part about how parallel mode works.  I essentially had no signals connected. 

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,076 Views)
You might need to change the gain for your measurement.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,042 Views)