Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get a -50103 error message on 1 of 3 chassis

I have an SCXI system containing three SCXI-1001 12 slot chassis.

The first chassis contains 7 SCXI-1125 and 3 SCXI-1102C modules.

The second chassis contains 8 SCXI-1124, 3 SCXI-1163R and 1 SCXI-1162HV modules.

The third chassis contains 12 SCXI-1125 modules.

I am using VB.NET V2003 and NIDAQmx 7 as the language on a Windows 2000 computer.

I can use the NIDAQmx commands to successfully configure chassis 1 and 2 and to start the tasks on these two chassis.

However, when I use the same software technique to configure the modules on chassis 3 I get a Status Code: -50103 error when I try to start the task.

I have looked at the text of the status code -50103 message with out any really helpful informati
on other than the chassis may be being used by another task. It is not. It is only in its initial configuration stage.

Any help on this problem will be appreciated. Thank you,
larry
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,847 Views)
Larry,

Are you using one DAQ device to control all three chassis? If you are, you will be unable to have two buffered analog input tasks running simultaneously. Since you DAQ device only has one scan clock and one channel clock, you will need to have all of your analog input channels from the first and third chassis in the same task. Because your second chassis does not contain any analog input modules, you are not experiencing problems with the tasks from the first and second chassis running simultaneously.

Good luck with your application.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,847 Views)