Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find oximeter (paidiatric) sensor and its corresponding signal conditioning for data acquisition within LabVIEW

I need to find oximeter (photoplythismograph) sensor (only sensor not a complete analyzer) and the necessary signal conditioning module (if required) to drive the analog signal into a DAQ card for example PCI 4452
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,391 Views)
Hello;

NI doesn't sell either recomends any specific sensor brand. The best way for you to start is maybe to search that keyword at www.google.com.
Regards
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,391 Views)
Thank you Filipe A., but I have already done that you are suggesting. I was hopping to find LabVIEW users that have been developing similar application and have already faced the "problem" of finding a sensor.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,391 Views)
I do not know what the sensor you mention does. Is it one of the "red light" sensors that are placed on the finger to measure oxygenation of the blood? Well, no matter, I work in a laboratory that prototypes all kinds of sensors and the associated signal conditioning. Often times we are required to scavenge sensors (cut the wires) from our "ancient" (vacuum-tube) analyzers in order interface with our own LabVIEW data system. If you can not find a stand-alone sensor (I suspect this may be the case from a liability stand-point), your next step is to decide if you want to set up your own interface. You would first need to parallel the wires from an active unit to determine signal level and excitation levels for various readings (ie a calibration). This should be straight-f
orward if the sensor is ( as I believe) a red LED and an optical pickup. Next, to create your own interface you may need to supply 5-12 VDC for the LED and read the corresponding pickup output - take a look at the SCXI-1121. Now as for interfacing with the 4452, you should know that the device does not interface with the SCXI line. You will need a signal conditioner that has both individual inputs for the raw data as well as an output for the conditioned signal. A better choice is the 6052E card for use with SCXI. I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,391 Views)