From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage /Current Control of a DC power supply

Dear Members ,

I am a new user of LabView and i am trying to control the voltage of a DC power supply with 0 to 5 volts.

and then generate the mode.

Any suggestions?

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,064 Views)

What power supply are you trying to control?  What interface are you trying to use to control said power supply?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,050 Views)

Hello ,

I am trying to control a DC power supply :ES 030 10

And I am using a 15 pin D connector which is compatible with the external IEEE488 interface .

The problem is that i am supposed to use the MyRio device in order to set voltage and current and display them as well because it is required in my task ,

thanks a lot for any help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,048 Views)

@Mariem001 wrote:

And I am using a 15 pin D connector which is compatible with the external IEEE488 interface .

I doubt that.  The documents I found show no 488.2 (GPIB) interface.  The 15-pin is an analog control.

So looking at the data sheet, it says that 5V to the voltage programming pin will give you the full voltage output of the supply.  Similar for the current control pin.  So you can just apply a simple gain to figure out what your myRIO's output should be in order to get the output voltage and current you want.

Since 30V is the max output of the supply, then 5V at the control pin is 30V output.  Doing the math, 1V that you apply will give 6V as an output.  Similarly, 5V on the current control pin will give a max current of 10A.  So 1V that you apply will give a max current of 2A.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(3,045 Views)