From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrasound measurements with ultratrak750 sensor

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know how to work with the ultrasonic sensor "Ultra-Trak 750"? What kind of cDAQ module I can use to get signal from this sensor (it has output 4-20mA) and how to treat the signal?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,048 Views)

A link to the datasheet is always kind and helpful 😉 

After a little RTFM😧

This sensor detects 40 kHz and outputs a industry standard 20mA current signal proportional to the detected amplitude. So look for DAQ modul with 20mA input .. 50kSPS is fine  and you will need a external powersupply. I would look at the 9203 or 9218 ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,019 Views)

I have this documentation. I don't understand what kind of signal I have to read, how to treat it after. Another question is Sampling Rate: can I use ni-9201 module or I need NI-9223 (with 1MS/s/ch)?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,016 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NPalesund

Updated my first post..

You need a current input (or a (250-to 500Ohm resistor with a voltage input )

What do want to measure/detect  (what do you want to do with that sensor) ?

The sensor will detect the presence of a 40 kHz vibration and output a amplitude proportional current.

The coarse max output frequency is 20 kHz (assuming one periode is needed for 40 kHz detection, I expect the demodulator following lowpass is lower...)  so 50 kSPS should be fine

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,013 Views)

now I understand

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,006 Views)