Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrasound measurements with ultratrak750 sensor

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know how to work with the ultrasonic sensor "Ultra-Trak 750"? What kind of cDAQ module I can use to get signal from this sensor (it has output 4-20mA) and how to treat the signal?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,050 Views)

A link to the datasheet is always kind and helpful 😉 

After a little RTFM😧

This sensor detects 40 kHz and outputs a industry standard 20mA current signal proportional to the detected amplitude. So look for DAQ modul with 20mA input .. 50kSPS is fine  and you will need a external powersupply. I would look at the 9203 or 9218 ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,021 Views)

I have this documentation. I don't understand what kind of signal I have to read, how to treat it after. Another question is Sampling Rate: can I use ni-9201 module or I need NI-9223 (with 1MS/s/ch)?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,018 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NPalesund

Updated my first post..

You need a current input (or a (250-to 500Ohm resistor with a voltage input )

What do want to measure/detect  (what do you want to do with that sensor) ?

The sensor will detect the presence of a 40 kHz vibration and output a amplitude proportional current.

The coarse max output frequency is 20 kHz (assuming one periode is needed for 40 kHz detection, I expect the demodulator following lowpass is lower...)  so 50 kSPS should be fine

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,015 Views)

now I understand

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,008 Views)