Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6001 AO Amplifier

Hi to everyone!

I am currently working with a USB-6001 NI DAQ module, and I need to apply a controlled voltage to a certain load. For this application is needed 500W and a regulated voltage of 0-100V in a range of 50-60Hz.

So, I need to supply 0-100V controlled by the DAQ output +-10V (very low current - about 5mA) analog signal.

There is any kind of way to amplify this +-10V analog signal to 100V (500W)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,243 Views)

For AC only the cheapest method would be a 'hifi' amplifier.

Power and frequency range also fit to an motor converter .... (and use two analog out to set frequency and voltage, or control it by a digital interface ...)

You didn't say a word to the kind of load you want to drive. That is important!

For a simple heater one could thing of other solutions...

We use BEAK amplifiers a lot.. for specific questions I would send them a mail or pick up the phone:

http://www.beak-electronic.de/en/analog-power-amplifiers/500-w/baa-500-beak/

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,236 Views)

Thanks for answering!

The load is gonna be a inductive with a power factor of 0,8.

That amplifier has an optimum output impedance of 4 Ohm and I think we need of 20 Ohm to get a 100V output signal.

Thanks for your reply!

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,228 Views)

You need 100V rms?peak? peak to peak?  Or a specific power? Or a current? 

Strongly depends on the kind of load.    Or just buy a bigger amplifier 🙂 

The 500W was just picked by your rating.... (and it's the type we use here with different labels...)

Again, ... for specific needs/questions pick up the phone... that's what applications engineers are for;)

IF you like to heat the solder iron.. have a look at the power amplifiers from APEX

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,215 Views)