From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with max trying to read analog levels using an scxi 1001 and LabVIEW 6.Trouble with max trying to read analog levels using an scxi 1001 and LabVIEW 6.1

We are trying to se up a system and we give the channel an analog voltage and try to verify it using max test panel it works sometime at best. The first time it will work. The second channel I look at is usually wrong. If I cycle power to the scxi it works most of the time, but only the first time.

Any suggestions??

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,013 Views)

Hi Dan,

I will need a bit more information before we can see what may be the problem. What equipment do you have besides the scxi 1001? (what daq card, what modules, etc). Is this equipment new or old, and was it working well previously and just recently started giving incorrect readings?

The key is to narrow down what piece of equipment is the problem – DAQ card, SCXI module, terminal block, etc. Please change out all of these one at a time and post back with the results. Please also test with different channels each time as well to tell us if this problem is a single channel or multiple channels.

Lastly, please further detail when it works and when it doesn’t. (expand upon ‘ it works sometimes, at best’ ). What are you measuring, and how is it connected? When it doesn’t work – what are the results? Any errors?

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,008 Views)