Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three level PWM Converters.

Which NI Compact Rio Module can help me controlling grid sided Three level PWM Converters with switching frequency 20KHz at least.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,200 Views)

There will be 12 switches in that and i need to use two such converters. So it makes 24 analog inputs and so on. Now i am confused about the number of channels and the resolution of the module. I need to use it for real time input from mains.

Kindly help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,197 Views)

Hi A.A.K.

Would it be possible to get a little more information on the requirements you need for the module?  You mentioned controlling the PWMs with the module but then also that you need analog inputs.  Do the PWMs require 12 analog inputs to control them?

Andy K.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,178 Views)

As far as i know Three level converters have 12 switches , so each converter would need 12 inputs if i am not wrong. I just want to generate PWM signals to control my grid side and front end converters in real time. 
I am actually trying to build a grid emulator for generating disturbed voltages to analyse grid connected devices. 

Thanks

Akrama Khan.

UCT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,166 Views)

Hi Akrama,

I'm a bit unclear about what you're looking for here.  Are you looking to generate a PWM signal with a cRIO, or are you trying to switch on some kind of device which performs this PWM?  It seems you said earlier that you'll be using mains power to switch some sort of 3 phase PWM device.  In this case, you would probably require a relay module.  If you're looking to generate 3-level PWM, you'll need an analog output module.  Am I understanding your application correctly?  If you have a diagram of the system that might better illustrate what you're looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,144 Views)

Hi, i have attached two pictures. Pic1 is the overview of the whole system and Pic 2 is actually the Grid Emulator part....

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,051 Views)

Which of these devices will be the cRIO?

Will the application be taking in an analog signal and converting it into a three-level PWM signal?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,040 Views)

Yes, the  application will be in an analog signal and converting it into a three-level PWM signal.

Converters control would be the cRIO.

Now my first question is , which NI Modules(CRio) will suit my system.?

Thanks.

Khan.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,036 Views)

If this input voltage will be mains, which I imagine is approximately 120V where you are, then you will have to use an analog input module which can handle that range.  You would want to go with the 9225 which can measure signals up to 300V RMS.  For your output, you will need an analog output module to do three-level PWM.  Depending on your specs, one of these will be what you're looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,033 Views)