From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairstepping in thermocouple data with TC-2095/SCXI 1102c

Here's my setup:

32 K-type thermocouples (mixture of grounded sheathed and ungrounded exposed tip)

TC-2095 rack mount thermocouple connector block

SCXI 1102c module

I am having an issue of stairstepping in the thermocouple data I am getting.  The system seems to be sampling at the 500-1000 Hz sampling rate because noise and gentle sloping is recorded in the tc data in between the major jumps in temperature.  The stairsteps generally occur at 1 or 2 Hz.  The only thing I modified on the hardware was swapping in the 10 Mohm resistor packs into the tc-2095 to prevent a grounding issue from ruining the readings from our grounded thermocouples.  Any thoughts on how to fix the stairstepping?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,693 Views)

Hey,

Did this work without the10Mohm resistor pack?? Did this ever work?  

You say you have grounded thermocouples---what are they grounded to?  Can you expand on this setup.

How did you configure the dip switches on the TC-2095 for each thermocouple? I'm referencing the settings mentioned in table1 of the tc-2095 specifications sheet.  This is found on page 5-6 of thespecs manual: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/321731b.pdf

Can you attach a screenshot of the data that you are seeing so that I can inspect it.  Also what sampling rates are you specifying?  how are you programing this (Labwindows/labview?? etc... )

Please post back with this info so we can work to resolve this issue thank u

Charley Dahan

Global Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,671 Views)