From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI Chassis doesn't show in Max

I am using AT-MIO-16E-2 board (ISA slot) connected to SCXI 1000 chassis with SCXI 1100 modul and SCXI 1303 terminal block. SCXI Chassis cabling is SCXI 1349. Before installing one PCI card for supporting USB ports, system worked properly. Now, SCXI Shassis doesn't show up in Max. Card works properly. Software is Lab View 6.1 and NIDAQ version is 6.9.2. I have tried the same with two different SCXI 1000 chassis. Should I remove PCI card and install whole system again.I would like to get this straighed out. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,435 Views)
Before you reinstall everything be sure to take the following steps:

1. Be sure that the AT board is installed properly and working. To test it go into MAX do a refresh and then go to properties of the AT board. Do a Test Resources to make sure it passes.

2. Be sure that MANUALLY ADD the SCXI-1000. Judging by your email it seems you may not have installed the chassis. To do this simply Right-Click Devices and Interfaces and choose Create New. Then choose the SCXI-1000 and follow the steps. The SCXI system does not auto-detect like PNP cards do so this step is necessary.
Message 2 of 4
(3,435 Views)
Thanks, but it is not solution. I have already performed suggested steps.
There is a fall down when I want to make test with scxi chassis in Max. I receive message that communication with chassis can not be established.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,435 Views)
Hello;

If the PCI board you have installed together with the ISA DAQ board is not made by NI, there is a chance that board is conflicting with the NI system.

My suggestion is to try the NI system without the PCI board installed. If that works, the best bet is to contact the PCI board vendor and ask for compatibility issues.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,435 Views)