From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI 1600 error 200329

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I've been using my scxi-1000 chasis with the scxi-1600 daq card. Nowadays I am gettin this error when i try to get data from several modules. Error number is 200329 and i have attached a screenshot for this error. Do you have an explanation for that?

Thanks,

Berkay 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,686 Views)

Hey Berkayaga,

It looks like this issue has been seen before.  One person reset the device and it solved this problem.  Another solved this same issue by cleaning the connections of the hardware as dust had collected.  Make sure the connections are clean and that the card hasn't been jarred loose somehow.

You may also want to check that you have the latest NI-DAQmx driver, which can be downloaded here.

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,665 Views)

Hi Jake,

Thank you for the reply,

I have 3 SCXI chassis. Two SCXI-1000 and one SXCI-1001. They all got the same problem.

I am suspicious about damaged scxi-1520 module that I use on the 3 chassis. Actually module damaged when I try it on the scxi-1001 chassis. I sense some burnt smell and also see some smoke. But before I tried it on the scxi-1000 chasis. There was no burnt or smoke. Only the error 200329.

Do you think that one module could damage 3 chasis?

Thank you

Berkay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,659 Views)
Solution
Accepted by berkayaga

Hey Berkayaga,

It is possible that one module, once damaged, could affect three chassis.  There are a few steps you can perform to try to correct your equipment.  You could start by checking the fuses on the chassis.  Information on this could be found at Troubleshooting an SCXI Chassis.  Along with specific information on the fuses themselves, there is also documentation on where you can find them. 

If that doesn't work, you may consider the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) process located at Sending a National Instruments Board in for Repair or Calibration

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,640 Views)

Hi Jake,

We have solved the problem. I think scxi-1520 module damaged the analog fuses of the three scxi chasis behind the fan.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,629 Views)