Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI 1303

Hi all, I think I have a faulty SCXI 1303 module. It reads high values for thermocouples. Is there a particular component that burns when there is short or accidental incorrect connection of more that 10 V to the board? I am hoping for a quick repair that I can do myself. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,916 Views)

Hi HessT,

What are the values that you're expecting to get from the thermocouples and what values are you actually getting? We want to make sure that it terminal block is actually faulty before thinking of a repair. The 1303 is a terminal block, not the actual card in the chassis -- which one are you specifically referring to?

To my knowledge, there is nothing that burns when you have something faulty in the system. Do you have another one that you can swap with it to make sure that it's actually the part that's faulty and not the actually configuration in the software?

Aulia V.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,892 Views)

Dear Aulia,

I am sorry I made a mistake about the model of the terminal board. The faulty one is SCXI 1300. I was kinda surprised when my graduate student told me that the board is giving values in the vicinity of 200F for a measurement of room temperature. He tried all channels and got the same result. He swapped with a SCXI 1303, but same thermocouple, same module and same chassis, the result was good. He determined there was something wrong with the block. Is it possible that the CJC thermistor or the LM 35 transistor is burnt? I don't see any other active elements on the board.

Thanks

Hessam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,890 Views)

Dear Hesst,

No worries! Thank you for letting me know! There is one way I can think of off the top of my head and that is to go ahead and bypass the CJC thermistor and manually set the value to room temperature and then see if you keep getting wonky readings but otherwise, this sounds like it needs to be sent in for a repair or you may have to buy a new one. We do not recommend fixing the TB yourself (or any NI products for that matter) just because we already have a repair procedure in place.

Aulia V.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,887 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,881 Views)