Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI 1126 Calibration

This is my first post on these forums and I've always found the knowledge base on here to be vast and deep. I'm hoping not to embarrass myself too much here, but I'm kind of out of ideas.

I'm trying to calibrate an SCXI 1126 module. I followed the guidance on the tutorial (http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4845/en/) to the best of my ability and the result of my repeated efforts is that the module outputs basically the same voltage for each frequency tested and the digitizer (Multifunction I/O) indicates -10 Hz at 55 Hz on the test panel in MAX...

That leads me to believe that the calibration constants in the EEPROM are translated to the digitizer and applied there by the drivers instead of changing the response of the SCXI module itself.

This presents a problem for me as I am not using the Multifunction I/O as a calibration standard. It serves merely to control the module.

Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to take a reading with the Multifunction I/O during a calibration session even if I wanted to do so. It tells me that the resource is reserved, which makes sense due to the ongoing calibration session.

I thought that maybe my outdated version of Calibration Executive would bail me out... Nope! It is version 2.2 and does not support the 1126.

I am hoping someone can tell me how I'm being stupid and overlooked something simple.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,113 Views)

I guess I lied. My profile says it was my second post...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,112 Views)

Hello Jeffrey.Bricker:

Sorry for asking this but I am a little confused with your post. 

For your post I am wondering the following:

1. Did you already try all the possible calibration procedures?

2. This and all the procedures you test are or aren't supported by the device?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,077 Views)

I suppose I don't understand the questions. What calibration procedures are you referring to? Do you mean within the Calibration Executive? If so, how would the calibration procedure of a different module correctly calibrate the 1126? I can try to use the 1125 procedure, but if that works, I will be incredibly surprised. If you mean based on the tutorial I referenced, then I was using the Analog Input example.

From an English sense, I can't understand the second question. But, I can say that the device is affected by the DAQmx SCXI calibration VIs provided by NI. I believe the newer versions of Calibration Executive support the 1126, but, again, the version I have (2.2) does not have an 1126 procedure.

If I misunderstood either of your questions or if you have any more, please let me know. I am asking for help, so I don't want to hinder. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,073 Views)