Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1124 maximal update rate

Hi,

I want to generate analog outputs on 11 SCXI-1124 into a SCXI-1001 rack. They are controled by a M-series board(PCI-6250). The update rate have to be 100Hz. The maximal SCXI-1124 datasheet value of the update rate is 125 S/s(I want to control all the 6 channels). So I guess this update rate is good for me if I have one SCXI-1124 but I don't know how many can be this maximal update rate if I plug 10 other SCX-1124 in my rack.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,673 Views)

Hi,

The SCXI-1124 is an analog output module, but it does not connect to the analog output lines of a DAQ board. It contains six digital-to-analog converters (DAC's), which means that it takes data from a device with digital lines and converts that data to an analog signal.

SCXI only has one data line, so all data sent to the SCXI-1124 must be sent serially through this line. The serial data transmission is the determining factor for the update rate of these devices. The maximum update rate for multiple SCXI-1124 channels is the maximum update rate of the module divided by the total number of SCXI-1124 channels in the system. If you are using all six channels in a module and for multiple modules the maximum update rate is 555  divided by the total number of channels in the entire chassis.

Update rate depends largely on the computer and software. These tests were made using a PCI-6032E installed in a 500 MHz PIII computer running NI LabVIEW and Windows NT.

Regards,

ClémentG
Message 2 of 3
(3,650 Views)
Thanks for the help. The answer is clear.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,639 Views)