From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1122 w/SCXI-1322 signal noise

The SCXI-1122 with W1 at (factory setting) and W2 (pullup). 

In using a combination of a thermocouple and 0-10 / 0-5 vdc at the SCXI-1322 wired inputs on CH0-CH7. 

All are set to differential, 4khz and looking at the physical input it seems stable, at least not to match the data seen in attachment.

It appears as a sensitivity issue in this case, rather than noise.  I'm unfamiliar with the SCXI and using multiple type inputs on the same module. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,393 Views)

the attached signal display (noise) is present on all channels when no change to the voltage input signals are present present.

I mis-spoke about the 4-20ma input.  There is a 250 ohm  at the device and NIMax is set to read 1-1-5vdc.

when the level of the signal changes, the input appears to change appropriately without the noise amplitude, as if common is missing.

Thank you all for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,289 Views)

How do i adjust signal sensitivity, in NiMAX?

Verified that noise is not sourced from field wiring by connecting a battery box w/short leads to the input channel.

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,233 Views)