Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI 1112 and 1302 doesn't run at the same time

Hi,

I have SCXI 1112 thermocouple input module,  SCXI 1180 feedthrough panel , and a SCXI 1302 terminal block connected SCXI 1000 chassis with SCXI 1349 adapter. I am trying to measure voltage by using SCXI 1180&1302, and temperature by 1112 module at the same time. When  chassis is on SCXI 1112 runs without a problem; however, voltage reading coming through SCXI 1349 makes no sense (plus I can't run them at the same time, LAbview gives an error). While the chassis' power is off, it is the other way around, SCXI 1349 runs smoothly.

In addition to that, a radiometer, connected to a power supply, is wired to SCXI 1302 terminal block. When power supply is on, SCXI 1112 module's temperature reading is 4 times higher than actual value. In other words, power supply effects the readings.

Could you please give me some advice to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Azra
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,341 Views)

One piece of the puzzle you left out is the DAQ card being used in the host computer. 

Without looking at some specifics on the SCXI cards/connectors you are using, I will comment you must be careful when you are using an 1180 feedthrough module.  Keep in mind, the SCXI chassis is Signal Conditioning -- it's nothing without the DAQ. 

I would recommend you back up a few steps, simplify the setup and test each input channel from MAX -- making sure you aren't overlapping channels between the 1180 to the DAQ and the SCXI chassis.  Remember, most data from the SCXI chassis comes in on a single channel of the DAQ through the 1349.

Hope this might help. 

RS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,335 Views)