Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1102 with 1303 block - bad voltage readings (1v reads .78v)

Hello,

I've got an SCXI-1102 module that seems to be malfunctioning.  I'm using a 1303 terminal block with all the correct resister networks installed, and have verified signals as 1.0v using both a DMM and another SCXI-1102 module already in the SCXI-1001 chassis.

The signals read .78v when connected to the subject module, but read fine at 1v when connected to the neighboring card.

Are there any settings or jumpers that I should be checking?  I know the 1102 has one internal jumper for a pull-up resistor, but I'm not sure if that's an issue.

What do you think?  Out of calibration?  Needs repair?  Operator error?

Thanks in advance.

(5,594 Views)

Hi,

If you use the same 1303 TB on the neighboring card, do you still get incorrect readings? If so, it may be an issue with the TB.

Please refer to the 1303 documentation for more information on the pull-up resistor networks.

-Carisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,583 Views)

Strangely I didn't give that a shot.  Both of the 1303's are identically configured, so I never gave it a thought.   Maybe that's the next move.

Does NI still service these SCXI units in the event that I need repair?

(5,578 Views)

Please try giving that a shot and let me know how it works out. NI still services these SCXI units in the event that you need a repair. Hope this helps clear the confusion.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,569 Views)

The 'really confused' tagline is my original signature from when I first started with LV and SCXI's.

I'm still confused, but the sig is a holdout.  Thank you!

(5,554 Views)