From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1100 Filter Capacitors

Solved!
Go to solution

We have a number of SCXI-1100 with filter capacitors installed in C1, C5, C9, and C10.  All of the installations look like they were done at the factory.  Is it, or was it ever (circa 1996-2000), an option to order the SCXI-1100 with capacitors installed?

We'll be deploying a number of setups with this configuration, so it would make future acquisition easier if they could be ordered like this, rather than installing the caps for each build.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,844 Views)

Hello, CoryM!

I think that this re-configuration is usually done by customers on a one-by-one basis, but I will check for you if that's something that is available pre-configured - I will let you know early next week.

Have an excellent weekend!

Will Hilzinger | Switch Product Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,835 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CoryM

Hello, CoryM!

After investigating a bit further, there does not appear to be an ordering option for pre-installed filtering capacitors at C1, C5, and C10. Note, however, that C9 looks like it would have been a factory-installed Capacitor, since only 1, 5, and 10 (among others) are left free for customer modification. This is noted on page 26 (2-9) of the following PDF:

NI SCXI 1100 User Manual - User Defined Input Filter Capacitors

This being the case, you will need to install them for each module. Please let me know if you have any further questions on this - I'll be happy to assist!

Will Hilzinger | Switch Product Support Engineer | National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(5,823 Views)