From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC-ACC01

Hi All,

I have PCI-6052E with SC-2345 (White carrier, rear connector), and NI-DAQmx 7.3.0f0.

I have available the following modules:

4 x SCC-ACC01 (1 channel)

3 x SCC-SG02 (2 channel)

1 x SCC-SG04 (2 channel)

1 x SCC-FV01 (2 channel)

1 x SCC-TC02

I am trying this configuration:

J1=SCC-ACC01;J9=SCC-ACC01

J2=SCC-ACC01;J10=SCC-ACC01

J3=SCC-TC02;J11=empty

J4=SCC-FV01;J12=empty (reserved for secong channel of SCC-FV01... i suppose)

J5=SCC-SG04;J13=empty (reserved for secong channel of SCC-SG04... i suppose)

J6=SCC-SG02;J14=empty (reserved for secong channel of SCC-SG02... i suppose)

J7=SCC-SG02;J15=empty (reserved for secong channel of SCC-SG02... i suppose)

J8=SCC-SG02;J16=empty (reserved for secong channel of SCC-SG02... i suppose)

If I am trying do this at MAX, there is error:

Invalid SCC in stage 2

SCC-ACC01 in J1 cannot be used as the second stage in a dual-stage AI channel.

I am confused. I suppose SCC-ACC01 is only 1 channel therefore i can use this configuration. 

Can anyone help me please? What configuration should I choose?(I need all modules)!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,513 Views)

Hi cagi,

Dual stage mode is for cascading two modules. Here's the description from the SCC Quick Start Guide:

Dual-Stage Analog Input Conditioning

For dual-stage analog input conditioning, plug the first-stage SCC module into any socket J(X+9) and
plug the second-stage SCC module into the corresponding paired socket, J(X+1). Connect the input
signals to the first-stage SCC module, and none to the second-stage SCC. The SC-2345 connects the
output signals of the first-stage SCC modules to the inputs of the second-stage SCC modules and routes
the outputs of the second-stage modules to DAQ device channels AI (X) and AI (X+8). An example of
dual-stage conditioning is a voltage attenuator SCC module followed by a lowpass filter SCC module.
Figure 16 shows how to install analog input modules on the SC-2345 carrier.

Sometimes, you can cascade two analog input SCC modules together on a single analog input channel
to form a dual-stage configuration. You can use sockets J9 to J16 as the first stage of a dual-stage analog
input configuration. Use sockets J1 to J8 for the second stage of a dual-stage analog input configuration.

Unfortunately, a dual stage configuration doesn't let you route AI(X) to one SCC-ACC01 and AI(X+8) to another SCC-ACC01. The SCC carrier isn't designed to do that.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,505 Views)

Thank you.

I did not want to admit this fact, the truth is cruel 🙂

JC 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3