Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a text file in a FPGA project

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a FPGA project with a sb-RIO 9606 and I need to manipulate .txt files for encrypt them, so i convert the whole file into an array of 2 dimension. First, i did this vi without the fpga project and it works fine. But when i open it from the project explorer it doenst work.  I did another one starting from the project explorer but its the same. Or if someone knows other way to convert a .txt file to and array ( 2 dimension). Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

read text.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,704 Views)

It looks like this VI is actually being ran on the RT system, not the FPGA.  In that case, you need to point to a text file that is on the RT itself.  The sbRIO cannot read a file off of your computer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,697 Views)

I want read a file on my pc, then "write" my array as a cluster with the "Open FPGA reference" -> Write

prueba2.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,684 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pepe727

@Pepe727 wrote:

I want read a file on my pc, then "write" my array as a cluster with the "Open FPGA reference" -> Write

Then you need to have 3 applications running: FPGA, RT, Windows/PC.  The PC application reads the file and sends it to the sbRIO, typically via TCP/IP or Network Streams.  The RT on the sbRIO reads the data, processes it, puts the data into a cluster, and then writes to the FPGA.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,680 Views)

oh... Can you direct me to a topic that explains that a little more?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,663 Views)

@Pepe727 wrote:

oh... Can you direct me to a topic that explains that a little more?

Possibly more than you ever wanted: CompactRIO Developer's Guide

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,656 Views)