From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Savitsky golay filter implementation

Hi,

I'm working on LabVIEW 8.2 and doing some signal processing. I'm stuck with a smoothing problem using Savitsky golay filter and would really appreciate if someone can help me out. I've attached my sample vi which is working(it calculated the magnitude and phase of the real world signal using fft sub vi) witout the use of Savitsky golay filter but when I use this filter sub vi for smoothing of my time domain data, I don't get the desired results. I'm also attaching a .jpg image of the vi when I use the Savitsky filter, where things dont work.

Looking forward to hear from you guys soon,

Thanks & Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,413 Views)

Hi Roiht,

I'm taking a look at your code and I would like to get more details on how using the Savitsky Golay filter alters your results. Do you get the wrong magnitude? The wrong scaling? The wrong phase? How far from the anticipated results are you landing? Does the time domain look correct after you filter with the SG filter?

DanO

Conditioned Measurements

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,340 Views)