Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure transducer excitation connections

Hello,

I am new to LabView and still learning many of the available features.

I have the following pressure transducer from Omega Engineering:

http://www.omega.com/pxconfig/pxconfig.html?pn=MMDWB250BIVK3D6T3A5S

NI Harware:

Output: SCXI 1325 w/ SCXI 1124

Input: SCXI 1328 w/ SCXI 1120

The transducer has the following wiring code avaiable:

Pin 1: +Excitation pin 2: -Excitation pin 3: +signal pin 4: -signal

I have attached four wires from to the transducer. The - and + signals will terminate to the scxi 1328 terminal block. However, I am not completely sure how to connect the excitation voltage leads to the SCXI 1325 output. For each channel, I have four pins available: supply, i sink, vout, ground. I read the manual to know that the supply and i sink pins do not apply to my transducer. So, I am trying to figure out how to attach the - an + excitations since I have only v out and ground available. Has anyone encountered this before to know how to approach this? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,579 Views)

Hi Fromm,

As you said, the Supply terminal from the 1124 is no use in this case since it's a current source, not a voltage source like your sensor needs. What is the module of the Omega sensor you are using? The 1124's VOUT can drive up to ±10V @ ±5 mA (page 33-34 from the Manual and Specifications), and it will work for the 3 mV/V and 10 mV/V, but not the 0-5 Vdc model since it requires an excitation of 10 to 30 Vdc @ 10 mA. So basically you can wire VOUT and ground to the + EXC and - EXC on your sensor. If your model needs + 10V with more than 5 mA, then you could use a power supply.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,508 Views)