cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinmap of a SCXI-1302 links missing?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using an SCXI 1000 unit with a 1180 board and a 1302 terminal block. I have been searching though the database for help on the pinmap for the 1302, but I keep on getting "Error:You are not authorized to view this document" even when I am logged in.

examples:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/SCXI-1302-pinout/m-p/579610?requireLogin=False

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Signal-Conditioning/Wiring-of-scxi-1302-terminal-block/m-p/481491?requireLog...

I want 8 analog input channels onto the board for 8 pressure sensors. According to Measurement & Automation Explorer, I should connect pin 34 to 68, but there are only 50 pins on the 1302. I cannot seem to find the pin layout for my setup. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,137 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NicholasA

It appears I just found the answer to my own question.

This is for anyone with the same questions I had.

The 1302 has a pinmap according to this file which I found some time ago, but only just re-found again. It is a map showing the pin task, the 68 pin version and the 50 pin version.

Sorry about the post. Always seem to find things five minutes too late.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,133 Views)

Back again,

This time, things are not working.

I was working with the pinmap and Measurement & Automation Explorer and it keeps on making a pin layout on pins that don't exist on the 1302.

In particular, pins with a -voltage signal going to them in the wiring diagram window did not exist on the board.

I have 16 analog input channels and I am using 8 pressure sensors with an external excitation. The pressure sensors are wired the same as a strain gauge.

What do I do to make the Measurement & Automation Explorer give me a setup with the available pins?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,125 Views)

Hi Nicholas-

Here is a KnowledgBase article that discusses configuring the SCXI-1180 in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).  There is also a myriad of related links in this article that will help you along the way.

I hope this helps.  Best of luck with your application!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,106 Views)