From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-6674T routing Trigger Lines to PFI outputs

Solved!
Go to solution

We have a PXIe-6674T card in an PXIe-1092 rack. This card is located in slot 6. We have also a card in Slot 9 that toggles the PXIe-TRIG bus.

Now we want to route TRIG0 to the PFI0 output of the PXIe-6674T card using NI-MAX interface. The  PXIe-6674T does not see these trigger lines.

We connected PXI_Trig0 to Bus1 (See Bridge1.jpg). 

We configured the PXIe-6674T so that PXI_Trig0 is asynchronous connected to PFI0. We do not see something on the PFI0 output. In the measure window we see an High on the PFI lines and when we measure on the PFI0 SMA the value is also high. Only when the card in slot 9 toggles Trig0 we do not see anything happening on PFI0. Is the Bridge configured wrong? 

What must you do to get it done?

With kind regards,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,530 Views)

Hi Harry, 

There are 3 junctions that will need to be set up correctly for this to work:

1. The Bridge: This article explains how to configure bridges correctly: Routing PXI Trigger Lines Across the Buses of Multi Segment PXI Chassis. I have taken a look at the images, and the bridge configuration looks correct to me, but just make sure you have saved the configuration! 
  2. PXIe-6674T to trigger line-The routing you have configured between the PXIe-6674T and the Trigger PFI0 also appears to be correct.
  3. Card in slot 9 to trigger line-Therefore, I would want to ask how does the card in slot 9 toggle the PXIe-TRIG bus? How is this configured? 

I hope that is helpful to you!

Kind Regards, 

Alice

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,467 Views)

Hi Harry, 

There are 3 junctions that will need to be set up correctly for this to work:

1. The Bridge: This article explains how to configure bridges correctly: Routing PXI Trigger Lines Across the Buses of Multi Segment PXI Chassis. I have taken a look at the images, and the bridge configuration looks correct to me, but just make sure you have saved the configuration! 
  2. PXIe-6674T to trigger line-The routing you have configured between the PXIe-6674T and the Trigger PFI0 also appears to be correct.
  3. Card in slot 9 to trigger line-Therefore, I would want to ask how does the card in slot 9 toggle the PXIe-TRIG bus? How is this configured? 

I hope that is helpful to you!

Kind Regards, 

Alice

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,467 Views)

Hello Aboughton,

1. When you mention it I probably did not press the save button after configurating the Bridge. Is it effective after pressing the save button?

There is also an option Automatic. Does that mean that the bridge is bi-directional?
    What is the speed of that brigde? 

3. The card in Slot 9 is a own card that toggles the TRIG line. We measured that on an extender in slot 7 and saw the Trigger line toggles (Red line in picture Trigger2.jpg).

With kind regards,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,463 Views)

Hi Harry, 

Yes, if you save the configuration it will be effective! When you say there is an option for automatic, can you show me a screenshot of what you are referring to, as I can't see this option!

I would assume if you have managed to test the connection from the card in slot 9 to the trig line that the issue can't be there, and therefore the issue is simply that the configuration wasn't saved. Please could you try saving the configuration and let me know if that works for you? 

Kind regards,
Alice

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,444 Views)

Hello Alice,

I meant Dynamic. Is that both directions?

I will try the saving on Monday (04-May). Then I'am back at the HW. Now I'am working from home because of the corona issue.

Grz Harry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,438 Views)

Hi Harry, 

Dynamic means that the routes are left unconfigured and available for other National Instruments products to perform programmatic or automated routes to connect devices. This prevents double driving, and so no, dynamic doesn't mean bi-directional. This is explained well in the Trigger Configuration in MAX part of the NI-1092 User Manual and in the KB I previously sent: Routing PXI Trigger Lines Across the Buses of Multi Segment PXI Chassis.

Kind Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,432 Views)

Hi Harry, 

Did hitting save resolve the issue? 

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by HarryR

Alice,

Yes it did. Now I can see the trigger on the PFI outputs.

Thanks,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,378 Views)