From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 5922 Impedance matching

Hi,

I am working on a measurement system for voltage harmonic signals in the range from 100Hz-10kHz . i am using the PXI-5922 digitizer for measurements. I need to use a coaxial cable with a length of 20m to transmit the signal from the voltage transducer to the digitizer. As i am new to this subject, it would be great if anyone can suggest me on impedance matching of the cable to minimize the measurement error on voltage amplitude and phase.

thank you,

Imanka

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,664 Views)

Impedance of the source?

Type of cable ?

If you say 10 kHz .. max bandwidth? or 10 kHz square wave with a bandwidth say up to 200 kHz (rule of thumb)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,607 Views)

Does the MXI-3 link still work? I'm looking at building a PXI-1031 chassis up with a PXI-8330 and PCI-8330 link to my controlling PC.

I plan on using LabVIEW community edition to do some fun bench-tests. I have a few PXI (PCI) cards.

rapidfs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,578 Views)

Romaguera3

Please don't hijack other's threads, if you have a query or question please create a new one.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,573 Views)