Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE Pressure Transducer measurement using NI 9234 and LabVIEW FPGA

Hi, 

I have a Kistler Type 603B pressure transducer that I want to measure as an analog input on a Waveform Chart. The transducer is a PE type (charge output), as such I've connected it to a Kistler 5015 charge amplifier, which in turn is connected to a NI 9234 +/- 5V Analog Input module. The NI 9234 has the ability to incorporate IEPE signal conditioning but as I'm using the charge amplifier already I don't believe I need that. Attached is the FPGA VI that I'm using to extract the data, however as I'm new to this king of programming I'm unsure how to get from the I/O Item Configuration to the Waveform chart. Mod8 is the NI 9234 and AI0 is what the charge amplifier is connected to.

If anyone can advise on this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,350 Views)

You are not quite on the right track. I suggest you read the CompactRIO Developer Guide since FPGA programming is a bit complicated.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/compactrio/compactrio-developers-guide.html

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,289 Views)

A charge output is not a IEPE output! You wouldn't be able to read that sensor without a charge amplifier.*

Using the charge amplifier is the rigth way to connect to sensors with a charge output.

*) A charge together with a (cable+sensor) capacity will create a voltage, however that is not the intended way to use it 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,270 Views)