From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCB 352A60 and PCI 4462 compatiblity

Hello

I want to know whether PCB Model 352A60 sensor data can be acquired through PCI-4462 sound and vibration daq?

Specification:

• Sensitivity: (±15%) 10 mV/g (1.02 mV/(m/s²))
  • Measurement Range: ±500 g pk (±4905 m/s² pk)
  • Frequency response: 5 Hz to 60 kHz

Detailed specification is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,768 Views)

Short answer : Yes 🙂

Depending on your application and need uncertainty budget, the low frequency range (<=?) 5Hz to 100Hz ) would need some  chain calibration and compensation. Since you measure in AC mode, so both, the sensor and the DAQ have a high pass 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,755 Views)

Hi Henrik

I still have confusion regarding frequency of the sensor.

As per specification, the sensor frequency range is from 5hz to 60khz.

The PCI-4462 has maximum sampling rate of 204 khz. So by logic, we need DAQ hardware which can perform sampling at-least 5 or 10 times the sensor maximum frequency.

Kindly give clarification in this regard.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,733 Views)

It depends what you need to measure.

Most test standards only go up to 10kHz ... and there are not many  Cal labs that offer traceability beyond 20kHz..

For transient shock test with pulse durations lower 0.2ms I would look for samplsrates >250kHz (Say the guy, who do primary shock calibrations with a PXI 5922 🙂 )

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,728 Views)