Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise filtering

Hello everyone, I'm using Campbell scientific multiplexer to multiplex 8 sensors into 8 channels of NI 9221. The raw data is individual pulses, only two were connected as you can see in the following figures. I'm using amplitude and levels VI to acquire the lower state level of each pulses, and wire to a ptbypt median filter which I'm hoping the noise can be filtered out. However, it does not works as I expected. Is there any other method which can stabilize the signal? Thank you in advance. 

raw data.JPG peak value.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,676 Views)

Hello Xiao,

I tried to replicate the behavior of your example and I got the following result after using the point by point median filter:

Example-result.png

Just in case, I used a 1 Hz, 10% duty cycle and -9V square signal as a software input. After reviewing your code, the only difference that I found was this:

Different-VI.png

Try removing that build array VI to check if the result improves. I will attach the code that I used for you to use it as a reference.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,641 Views)

For each pulse, it's pretty clear as you can see from Fig 1, what I want to plot is the pulse amplitude, that one has noise as you can see from Fig 2. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,637 Views)

Hi Xiao, 

Have you tried to use other LabVIEW filtering functions (e.g. Butterworth filter, )? If so, have they worked? 

Regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,615 Views)