Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase the speed of while loop (LabView to control E4980A Precision LCR Meter)

I am pretty new to LabView and please pardon my English.

I have successfully read the measurement data from LCR meter through USB and LabView, and the data can be plotted on XY Graph. My intension is to measure the data with as many sample points as possible within the same period of time, which means I need to use as few codes in the while loop as possible. (Correct me if I am wrong.) Thus, I put half of my codes in a while loop, shown in the attached pictures 1 and 2.

Question 1. From the exported Measurement File, I found the time interval sample points is about 0.35 second (one sample per loop iteration). I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice to reduce the iteration time? (I have set up the LCR meter's "Measurement Time" to "Short")

Question 2. I used to put everything in the same while loop, but it seems taking longer time to run a single iteration. The good thing is I can see the initial setup values if I did in that way. When I started to put these initial setup codes outside of the while loop in the Block Diagram, I cannot see the setup values on the Front Panel anymore. (compare picture 2 and 4) There setup values are still right, but it's not convenient if I want to manually change setting such as Function and Averaging Factor. 

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,406 Views)

1. Your Close should be after the loop.

2.  You are constantly opening and closing your measurement file.  Try using the File IO primitives to open/create the file before the loop, close the file after the loop, and write your formatted data inside the loop. 

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,384 Views)

Did yo find the solution? I am working on that and so many troubles. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,413 Views)

Hi! 

Please be more specific of the issues you are having. If you share the code or screenshots, we'll have more context to help you.

Warm Regards,

Enhernan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,404 Views)